Friday, February 8, 2008

Friday Feb. 8, 2008

These seven strangers are from Genentech. They were in San Diego for a convention last Thursday. Several groups volunteered to drive to Ramona and clear burned ground cover. They stayed all day and not only chopped wood and cleared brush but got rid of the burned up yard equipment. It's not so nasty around here anymore. The goodness of people helping us is so uplifting. We also got a call from two architects that may do our plans for free! We meet next week.

Our church has started a prayer devotional for lent. I was led to the book of Isiah. When I'm feeling forgotten or discouraged I can recall today's reading. Isiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed. I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand. How comforting.

No comments: