Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wednesday January 30th 2008



Maybe I should have named this blog something besides Strizver Progress. We certainly haven't been making any progress lately. In fact we have been so bogged down with details and battles that there's little time to even think of progress. All the government agencies we have applied to for help have turned us down several times. We have been TOO RESPONSIBLE, in saving for college and retirement and paying for insurance. They want us to use those resources. I hope you never find yourself in our predicament. I guess it's like hard working families losing everything to medical bills while non-citizens get FREE health care! So much for my tirade.

There is good news on the horizon. The couple in the red shirts are founders of Christ in Action. They were first on the scene in Ramona, setting up tents, serving food, doing laundry and providing basic needs. They and their volunteers drove from West Virginia and stayed 3 months. They left Saturday, but not before announcing that a west coast disaster relief team will be set up right here in Ramona. It made me so joyful. We can now have a deployment here on the west coast to help those affected by a disaster. We certainly have learned what people need. Please pray for Denny and Sandy Nissey and their 11 children. God's gift to us.

The rainbow came out Sunday after torrential downpours pummeled us for two days. I thought we should start building the ark. There's a lot of mud and debris flows around. Our neighbor's driveway is under 5 inches of mud again. I hope my next post is a happier one. My bible reading this morning was Luke, Chapter 11:1-13. I was led here after desperately seeking guidance for today and wanting to feel thankful for the food, shelter and clothing He has provided. Please take a moment to see how the Lord answered me. Who can deny Him? Looking forward to a brighter day.

No comments: