Sunday, November 11, 2007

Friday Nov 9 2007


The day we returned to our home after the fire I saw what was left of my beautiful ceramic Christmas tree and ornament collection. The tree was hand made by my sister Carol when I was a child. It was given to me last year by my mother. I loved the way the soft glow of the tree light my entry way. It was now in 12 pieces. I called my sister and told her she needed to make me another one. I wanted that piece of my memory back.

I went to the Ramona Thrift store on Wednesday to pick up some jeans and t-shirts. When I walked through the front door I spotted a ceramic tree on the check-out counter. It looked almost like the one Carol made. When I inquired about it the clerk said it was sold. I explained to her why I was so interested in it. The young woman who had just purchased it overheard my story. She came over and handed it to me and said "Merry Christmas". I stood there in awe. A total stranger, was being so generous. I gave her a hug as tears filled my eyes. I will never forget her, her name is Tanya.

No comments: