Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tuesday Nov. 27th


Last night I read a prayer from a book called Where is God Now? Every time I'm led to such pertinent lessons I'm reminded who is beside me. All I need to do is ask for the comfort and be still. The prayer is as follows:

O Lord, my eternal Dwelling Place, my house in this world is gone. Gone is the earthly security of my own roof above my head and my own walls surrounding me. Loss of my possessions means loss of reminders and keepsakes of my past, and I ache from being so uprooted. Give me shelter and protection for my body. Comfort me by Your dear Son, who himself knew the pains and perils of homelessness, that my confidence may rest in the shelter He is for me. If it be your will, let my house and home be rebuilt. If that is not Your will, let me be content; to the glory of Your name. Amen.

Please continue to pray for all of us who have lost their homes. It will be a difficult Christmas season without our family traditions. But remember JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON.

No comments: