Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Tuesday Nov. 6th




Sam sent me his photo file yesterday. There are some happy and hopeful pictures to share. The daisy was there blooming outside of what was left of the front door when we returned after the fire. John and I are holding the top to our wedding cake. We took a break from the rubble yesterday. Being there so many days in a row makes our throat feel like we drank Clorox. I'm also physically and emotionally drained from seeing what's left of our home. I've come to grips with the fact that there's nothing of value left. As you can see from the incinerated metal storage container our last hope of having anything to return to was dashed. I have also been working with Kourtney and she's been quite sick. She came home from the hospital with tons of antibiotics around the clock and her mom had surgery Monday. I also lost my job with Hector. Medical switched him to LVN's so 3 of us are out of a job. It's a good thing Kourtney has room for me to work. I forget about my troubles when I'm at her house because of all the kid's running around and all the fun they have together. Some of the best dressed ladies at my church are thankfully my size. I have four bags of clothes they gave me. It's like Christmas going through my new wardrobe. Love to all. GOD IS SO GOOD TO US!

No comments: