Sunday, November 4, 2007

Our neighborhood.



Sunday Nov. 4

We didn't do much work today. Our friends the Thompsons and Brown's, came by to help sift. We found my silverware, amazingly not melted together. Sam and Nick's baby spoons and forks were intact. I'm about done with the searching. It's tiring and tedious. We're ready to move ahead.

Only a few homes survived.
I can hardly recognize the ones that burned. First photo is the Burkhart's. Next is Gene Spinetto and Donna Omans home. It had the white pickette fence around it.

Josh and Michelle's beautiful home was also destroyed.

Last photo was Ted and Donna Young are our immediate neighbors. They hid in a cement bunker near their home as it burned over them.

When we returned to Barry's house at 10:00 pm I remembered that I left the hose running in the back yard. I'm trying to save my palm trees. Guess what there''s no neighbors to call to run over and turn off the water. After calling around to reach someone nearby I got ahold of the Bradley's. Steve actually got out of bed to drive over and shut it off. THANKS STEVE. I sure don't need a larger water bill than we''re already bracing for. Since our piped melted in the fire water was spewing everywhere. Love and thanks to all.

No comments: